The listings featured on this site are from companies from which this site receives compensation. Read the Advertising Disclosure for more information
The Best VPNs for Multiple Devices in 2023
We've researched and tested the top VPNs that offer simultaneous connections on multiple devices, and highlighted their key features and benefits, you can easily compare and choose the right VPN for your needs.
Last updated 01 Dec 2023
Get 82% off on SurfsharkVPN + 2 Months Free
This offer is valid until December 01 only.
I've been using ExpressVPN on my Firestick for a few months now and it's been great. The setup was really easy and the app is really user-friendly. I've noticed a significant improvement in streaming speeds and the ability to access geo-restricted content.
I had been using another VPN on my Firestick for a while, but I was having trouble accessing some content and the speeds were really slow. After reading about Surfshark on this page, I decided to give it a try and I'm really glad I did.
I decided to try NordVPN after reading the recommendations on this page and I'm really happy with my decision. The app is really easy to use and I've had no issues with streaming speeds. I also appreciate the added security and peace of mind that.
As seen in
What features should I look for in a VPN for multiple devices?
When choosing a VPN for multiple devices, there are several key features to consider. These include:
1. Simultaneous connections: Many VPN providers offer different plans that allow you to connect a certain number of devices to the VPN at the same time. For example, some providers may offer a plan that allows you to connect up to 5 devices, while others may offer plans that allow you to connect up to 10 or more devices. If you have a lot of devices that you want to protect with a VPN, look for a provider that offers plans with a high number of simultaneous connections.
2. Compatibility with different devices and operating systems: It's important to choose a VPN provider that is compatible with all the devices and operating systems you plan to use it on. For example, if you want to use the VPN on both your Windows desktop and your Android smartphone, make sure the provider offers apps for both platforms. Some providers may also offer browser extensions that allow you to use the VPN directly from your web browser.
3. Strong security features: When it comes to security, look for a VPN provider that uses strong encryption to protect your data. This typically involves using protocols like OpenVPN, IKEv2, or WireGuard to encrypt your internet traffic. A no-logs policy is also important, as it ensures that the VPN provider does not collect any information about your online activity. Some providers may also offer additional security features like a kill switch, which disconnects your internet connection if the VPN connection drops, or multi-hop, which routes your internet traffic through multiple servers for added security.
4. Good speed and performance: A VPN can slow down your internet connection due to the added encryption and server routing. Look for a provider that offers good speed and performance, especially if you plan to use it for activities that require high bandwidth, such as streaming or gaming. Some providers may offer servers optimized for streaming or gaming, which can provide better performance for those activities.
5. Ease of use: A VPN provider that is easy to set up and use can make a big difference in the overall user experience. Look for a provider that offers apps with a user-friendly interface and clear instructions on how to set up and use the VPN on different devices. Some providers may also offer browser extensions that allow you to use the VPN directly from your web browser, which can be especially convenient for beginners.
6. Customer support: Choose a VPN provider that offers good customer support, including live chat, email support, and a knowledge base or FAQ section. This can be helpful if you have any questions or issues while using the VPN. Some providers may also offer remote assistance or setup help, which can be especially useful if you're not very tech-savvy.
Overall, choosing the best VPN for multiple devices depends on your specific needs and preferences. By considering the features listed above, you can choose a VPN provider that offers the right combination of security, performance, and ease of use for your situation.
Which VPNs offer the highest number of device connections?
If you have multiple devices, it's important to find a VPN that allows you to protect them all without having to purchase multiple subscriptions. In this article, we'll explore the features you should look for in a VPN for multiple devices and highlight some of the top VPNs that offer high numbers of device connections on a single account.
1. Surfshark: This VPN allows unlimited device connections on a single account, making it a great option for users who have multiple devices.
2. NordVPN: NordVPN allows up to 6 simultaneous device connections on a single account. This is a good option for users who have a few devices and want to protect them all with a single VPN.
3. ExpressVPN: ExpressVPN allows up to 5 simultaneous device connections on a single account. This is a good option for users who have a few devices and want to protect them all with a single VPN.
4. PrivateVPN: PrivateVPN allows up to 6 simultaneous device connections on a single account. This is a good option for users who have a few devices and want to protect them all with a single VPN.
5. CyberGhost: CyberGhost allows up to 7 simultaneous device connections on a single account. This is a good option for users who have multiple devices and want to protect them all with a single VPN.
Here are the number of devices each of the VPNs we mentioned earlier can support:
1. Surfshark VPN: Unlimited devices
2. NordVPN: Up to 6 devices
3. ExpressVPN: Up to 5 devices
4. AtlasVPN: Up to 5 devices
5. PrivateVPN: Up to 6 devices
6. PIA (Private Internet Access): Up to 10 devices
7. CyberGhost VPN: Up to 7 devices
It's worth noting that these numbers are subject to change and may vary based on the subscription plan you choose or any promotions that are currently available. Additionally, some VPN providers may offer additional device connections for an additional fee. It's always a good idea to double-check the number of devices supported before purchasing a VPN subscription, especially if you plan to use it on multiple devices.
All the VPNs we mentioned - Surfshark VPN, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, AtlasVPN, PrivateVPN, PIA, and CyberGhost VPN - can be used on multiple devices, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets. Each of these VPNs offers dedicated apps or clients for a variety of operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux. Additionally, some of these VPNs also offer browser extensions that can be used on desktop computers.
Yes, you can share your VPN connection with family or friends on their devices, provided that the VPN provider allows multiple device connections on a single account. However, it's important to check the VPN provider's terms of service, as some may have restrictions on sharing accounts with others outside of your household or business. If you need VPN access for multiple people, it's recommended that each person sets up their own individual account with the VPN provider.
When choosing a VPN for multiple devices, consider the following features: simultaneous connections, compatibility with different devices and operating systems, strong security features such as encryption and a no-logs policy, and good speed and performance.
Privacypapa helps users to choose best VPNs with our guides, reviews and comparison of different VPNs. It is maintained and run by tech & security experts. We have to cover our hosting and content cost as well as make some profit from referral fees from the vendors we feature. We are honest in our work and our editorial team writes reviews on the bases of our tests and we rate them according to our visitors’ and experts' opinions.
Privacypapa is a leading cybersecurity website that provides up-to-date and practical information on the latest threats, trends, and best practices in cybersecurity. With a team of experts dedicated to safeguarding your privacy and security online, Privacypapa offers reliable tips, reviews, and guides to help you protect your digital assets.