Take a quiz & pick best VPN for your needs
All it takes is 30 seconds of your time
The listings featured on this site are from companies from which this site receives compensation. Read the Advertising Disclosure for more information
Get the best VPN for Japan and protect your online privacy and security. Browse the web with confidence and access your favorite content from anywhere with our top-rated VPNs.
Last updated 10 Dec 2023
This offer is valid until December 10 only.
I've been using ExpressVPN for over a year now and it's been a game changer for me. I travel a lot for work and I always feel safe connecting to public Wi-Fi with ExpressVPN. The speeds are lightning fast and the customer support is amazing.
I've been using Surfshark for a few months now and it's been great! Super fast speeds and I love that I can connect all my devices. The price is also really affordable compared to other VPNs.
NordVPN is hands down the best VPN I've ever used. It's super reliable and I love that I can switch between servers all over the world. Plus, I can connect up to six devices which is perfect for me and my family.
When choosing a VPN for multiple devices, there are several key features to consider. These include:
1. Strong security features: When it comes to security, look for a VPN provider that uses strong encryption to protect your data. This typically involves using protocols like OpenVPN, IKEv2, or WireGuard to encrypt your internet traffic. A no-logs policy is also important, as it ensures that the VPN provider does not collect any information about your online activity. Some providers may also offer additional security features like a kill switch, which disconnects your internet connection if the VPN connection drops, or multi-hop, which routes your internet traffic through multiple servers for added security.
2. Good speed and performance: A VPN can slow down your internet connection due to the added encryption and server routing. Look for a provider that offers good speed and performance, especially if you plan to use it for activities that require high bandwidth, such as streaming or gaming. Some providers may offer servers optimized for streaming or gaming, which can provide better performance for those activities.
3. Ease of use: A VPN provider that is easy to set up and use can make a big difference in the overall user experience. Look for a provider that offers apps with a user-friendly interface and clear instructions on how to set up and use the VPN on different devices. Some providers may also offer browser extensions that allow you to use the VPN directly from your web browser, which can be especially convenient for beginners.
4. Simultaneous connections: Many VPN providers offer different plans that allow you to connect a certain number of devices to the VPN at the same time. For example, some providers may offer a plan that allows you to connect up to 5 devices, while others may offer plans that allow you to connect up to 10 or more devices. If you have a lot of devices that you want to protect with a VPN, look for a provider that offers plans with a high number of simultaneous connections.
5. Compatibility with different devices and operating systems: It's important to choose a VPN provider that is compatible with all the devices and operating systems you plan to use it on. For example, if you want to use the VPN on both your Windows desktop and your Android smartphone, make sure the provider offers apps for both platforms. Some providers may also offer browser extensions that allow you to use the VPN directly from your web browser.
6. Customer support: Choose a VPN provider that offers good customer support, including live chat, email support, and a knowledge base or FAQ section. This can be helpful if you have any questions or issues while using the VPN. Some providers may also offer remote assistance or setup help, which can be especially useful if you're not very tech-savvy.
Overall, choosing the best VPN for multiple devices depends on your specific needs and preferences. By considering the features listed above, you can choose a VPN provider that offers the right combination of security, performance, and ease of use for your situation.
7. Price: VPNs vary widely in price, so it's important to find one that fits your budget. However, keep in mind that cheaper VPNs may offer fewer features or be less reliable than more expensive options. Look for a balance between price and features that works for your needs.
Connecting to a VPN server is a relatively simple process. Here are the general steps:
1. Choose a VPN provider and subscribe to their service.
2. Download and install the VPN app on your device.
3. Open the app and log in using your account credentials.
4. Select a server location from the available options.
5. Click on the connect button to establish a connection with the chosen server.
6. Once connected, your internet traffic will be encrypted and routed through the VPN server.
A free VPN typically has limited features, slower speeds, and restricted server locations compared to a paid VPN. Additionally, free VPNs may collect and sell user data to third-party advertisers or inject ads into the user's browsing experience. In contrast, a paid VPN offers a more robust set of features such as a larger number of servers in different countries, faster connection speeds, stronger encryption, and dedicated customer support.
Paid VPNs also prioritize user privacy and security, and typically have strict no-logs policies to protect users' online activities. Ultimately, while a free VPN may seem like a cost-effective solution, it may not offer the same level of privacy and security as a paid VPN.
VPNs provide users in Japan with several benefits such as access to geo-restricted content, enhanced online privacy and security, and protection against ISP throttling and surveillance.
All the VPNs we mentioned - Surfshark VPN, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, AtlasVPN, PrivateVPN, PIA, and CyberGhost VPN - can be used on multiple devices, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets. Each of these VPNs offers dedicated apps or clients for a variety of operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux. Additionally, some of these VPNs also offer browser extensions that can be used on desktop computers.
Yes, you can use a VPN to access Japanese Netflix or other streaming services. By connecting to a VPN server in Japan, you can bypass geo-restrictions and access content that is only available in Japan. However, it is important to note that some streaming services actively block VPN usage, so it may not always be successful.
Yes, you can use a VPN to access websites that are blocked in Japan. Some websites are blocked in Japan due to government censorship or licensing restrictions, but with a VPN, you can bypass these restrictions and access any website you want. By connecting to a VPN server in a different country, you can make it appear as if you are located in that country, giving you access to content that may be restricted in Japan. However, please note that accessing certain content that is illegal in Japan may still result in legal consequences, so be sure to use your VPN responsibly.
Privacypapa helps users to choose best VPNs with our guides, reviews and comparison of different VPNs. It is maintained and run by tech & security experts. We have to cover our hosting and content cost as well as make some profit from referral fees from the vendors we feature. We are honest in our work and our editorial team writes reviews on the bases of our tests and we rate them according to our visitors’ and experts' opinions.
Privacypapa is a leading cybersecurity website that provides up-to-date and practical information on the latest threats, trends, and best practices in cybersecurity. With a team of experts dedicated to safeguarding your privacy and security online, Privacypapa offers reliable tips, reviews, and guides to help you protect your digital assets.
All it takes is 30 seconds of your time